Friday, May 17, 2013

BUG BITES

This is going to be a quick one because I responded to a few people who have been waiting along time to hear back.

The other day we taught a lesson to a lady eating a mango on this ledge in the park. She kept falling asleep during the lesson AND I got eaten ALIVE by bugs. I look absolutely diseased. It's way worse looking that when I had bed bugs. It's SO itchy...wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....whine.......

Today!!! Guess what!? I got to go the the TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was SO beautiful! I love the temple!!! It seems more special going here because it's not just literally across the street, and I can't go every week (we get to go every three months). It was so refreshing. It was like going home...because it is! It's Heavenly Father's home! Everyone make the temple your goal!!!

Yesterday we visited a lady that we taught in the park the other day.  We just wanted to teach her a lesson, but she insisted she feed us. We showed up, and her apartment is so bare. There were few rooms, one had nothing in it. One had a bed and a fridge. The other a little stove and a counter, and then the living room  a couple places to put clothes and this tiny low table in the middle of the room. There was one plate on the table with food. She had bought a chicken, and literally just hacked it up into random chunks and then cooked it. The head and feet were also luckily included in the pile of hunks. That was dinner, haha. Not even rice. I could look right into the chicken's squinty little eyes as I ate him with chopsticks. At least it was cooked. 

It was SO great to talk to my family on Monday! I can't believe I won't talk to you again until Christmas!! I'm so grateful for email! I love you all!!

Sister Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment