A quick experience. This past week Elder Williams had plans to teach an English class. We invited many to come, but weren't expecting many. We were waiting and waiting for people to show up, and finally we saw a very inactive family come, but not the husband. Then another family, no husband, then a very new investigating family, but no husband. At this point I could see the fear in my comps eyes and a bit in my heart too, because we need an adult male over 18 to teach anyone, but there was not anyone. At this point there are 15 or so people waiting in the street, we didn't know what to do. I remember thinking of the attributes of Christ. I remember asking myself how would those great leaders of the church and those great warriors of the Book of Mormon act right now. I know that it surely was a blessing, because my patience was being tried, and in Romans we learn that tribulation brings patience, and so I knew if I had faith I could pass this test. With a great smile on my face and happiness in my heart, I finally let everyone know we couldn't teach. I saw sad children and angry parents, I felt the confidence in us go away, and I felt the respect of our callings fade. But the spirit of Christ remained in my heart. I was happy, calm, and I knew I had acted as a Christ would have. They all went in there separate directions, and we watched them walk away. I then saw a drop coming down the road, with 2 men standing in the back in white shirts and ties, 2 members of our ward. I ran and gathered the investigators, we taught English, and the power of the spirit allowed me to testify to them all that I knew this Church was true and that I was a living testimony and a servant to God. In the end, I asked if I could bear my testimony in English and have my companion translate. The words did not come out easily, every time I wanted to say an English word a Spanish word was in my head, I had to speak slowly and often stumbled, I have a great testimony that my calling is to testify to the people here in Spanish, that Christ lives, and that he will come again, and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored on the Earth, in Spanish.
I am so grateful for this experience, and I know that miracles, big or small, or done through the hands of God when we are obedient to his will. I know there is no other path for me in life other than to be exactly obedient to every single thing I am given and to act as a disciple of Jesus Christ with all of my heart in everything I say, do, and think. There is no other way, and if my dreams are crushed and the adversary tries me, and if everything around me is falling, I will know I am Gods Servant, and that this is the perfect path. There is one commandment that Christ gives that strikes to my heart more powerful than anything else. This is ¨Follow thou me¨. He will show you your potential, he is showing me mine, and I know my calling is to be a missionary for the rest of my life.
I love you all and am so blessed to have been a part of your lives. Always stay true to the Gospel, live it day by day with full intention to follow the spirit even in the most uncomfortable times.
A scripture that reminds me of the experience with the English class: Alma 26:27
No comments:
Post a Comment