Monday, October 14, 2013

Those Small and Simple things confound the wise. - from Elder Jaxon

 I love that scripture. (Alma 37:6-7) I cannot say much, but we had a wonderful week. My companion got really sick, for three days we had to stay at the house. The last day I told him that he should try to get up and walk around and do something, I told him this was something my mom always told me. He tried, and he is all better! Thanks mom, I told him how I have the best parents in the world.
      Spiritual experience for the week. One day I was praying in the morning and had a strong impression that we could find 2 people (a boy and a girl, who aren't married) that day to invite to be baptized, IF, I acted my hardest to be like Christ. I worked my hardest all day, I felt myself mess up at times and times I felt I had failed someone. We had an hour left and we had an appointment with a couple that already have a bap date. So I knew it would be impossible to find someone new. We were walking, and I was a bit disappointed that maybe I hadn't acted to my potential that day. My comp had an impression to knock on a door, a man came out and we talked for a few minutes. I was happy because he sounded receptive, but where was this girl? He said, ¨Hold on a moment while I go get my sister¨. 30 minutes later we led them to follow Jesus Christ and to be baptized, they accepted, and we ran back to the house with minutes to spare.
       I think this was a way of God showing me the way I need to act everyday if I want to have success in my mission, or in life.
       I know miracles are real, I know that Christ lives.
       Love you all, Elder Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment