Monday, January 13, 2014

Temple Trip - from Elder Jaxon

 This week we had the great opportunity to travel to the Temple, and to be blessed by the powerful spirit there. I love the Temple of Honduras because the inside is just like the Twin Falls Temple, I always feel at home there. 
     Yesterday something very powerful happened that touched my heart greatly. We took Brother Robin out to help us teach, the recent convert we baptized about a month ago or so. I asked him to bear his testimony, and his testimony touched me more than his Baptism or Confirmation. He told about how before he did not see the importance of God or church or the commandments, he did not beleive in much and did not have a relationship with God. Through learning about the Gospel he was able to change that and know nows it is true, that God loves him and that he must always do his best. He was very persistent in inviting the people to church and after told his excitement in the news we recived that in February we will have institute in Jesus de Otoro. I am so happy for him, and so happy that one day after this life I will be with him and all of his posterity.
     We are teaching I little boy named Jorgito. (hore-hito), that will hopefully be baptized this weekend. He knows the church is true, and always wants to help us teach. I feel he will be a tool in the hands of the lord one day, and that he can also change his family.
     We have been working with a family named the Turcios Family. They have a son on the mission. His Dad left the church and assists another church. The missionaries have always passed by the try to get in the door but he has always rejected him. Well, last week we passed by and he let us in. At the end of the lesson he expressed his desire of returning. Tears could not be held back. I recieved a confirmation that his sons prayer had just been answered. 
      Just 45 minutes ago, we walked into this Internet Cafe to write and read the emails. The Turcios Family are here, surrounding a computer, reading the emails of there son for the first time in the entire mission of 4 months. Briother Turcios has tears in his eyes as he views a picture of his son and a small Family from Peru dressed in white ready to make their first covenant with God.
     This is Gods church, I know that. I know he calls us to the work and that he has the greatest amount of love for us. He wants us to be succesfull and humbly invites us to repent so we can have happiness. Repent! 
     Love, Elder Pearl 

No comments:

Post a Comment