Okay, I wish I could give you guys everything that I've experienced, transform it into true emotions so you could know the craziness of this week. I love you all, once again I wish I had the time to personally tell each of you how much I love you. You guys have all helped me in your own way, and I'm so grateful for that. God blesses us in more ways that we can comprehend, and the purpose of these emails is for you to hopefully be able to feel that a little bit more. If you ever want off the list, just shoot me an email. Trust me, I understand. no hurt feelings.(:
There were literally 40 missionaries at the SLC airport going to the CCM. Those guys are still super close to me. These elders I've met are already some of my closest friends. Mexico City is INSANE. Pretty humid, fireworks and gunshots go off at least 5 times an hour, and the traffic is literally so crazy. There are buses, trucks, bikes and cars all on the road at the same time and I kid you not they get less than 3 inches away from each of us. No speed limits, nothing. Every man for himself. I was, to say the least, shocked.
One devotional we had was so good. Presidente Bennet was talking about how if you follow righteous endeavors, and exercise faith with action, God WILL bless you. He will bless you, and you will gain more faith. You will have enough faith to move a mountain, and God will literally gift you that ability. But when you're trying to move that mountain and it seems to not be going anywhere,
You go grab a shovel and start digging.
This is so applicable. Everyone of us is facing some sort of mountain that may just seem too big too conquer. But I tell you, that if you show God you have faith in him, and start digging up that mountain, God will gift you with faith, temperance, knowledge and much more.
Also read D&C 123:17. Remember that Satan said "No one dare to make afraid". No, it is you who needs to dare the adversary. Remember that as you are "cheerful in all things" YOU will be the one to dare him, and he will have less power over you. YOU must be the one to dare him. And this is why God chose you to face such a big mountain. Because he knows you can.
So Jaxon my brother told me to not worry about being district leader or anything, just try to learn and experience the CCM. That's the mindset I went in with. But, I got asked to be the District Leader anyways! haha which has actually been a huge blessing to me, because I've had to be working extra hard and its kept me busy and without an idle mind. I asked God to please help me reach a higher plane of thought and manner, and no more than 2 hours later I got made District Leader. Its been so fun teaching lessons to my district, being able to talk to them one on one, and know their needs and worries. I've already given a couple blessings of sick and comfort, and afterwards the transformation they've had are incredible. Or just small things like when I share a scripture with them and they say "That's exactly what I needed to hear Elder Pearl." I know its the Spirit who directs my thoughts, and it gives me so much comfort and peace in my soul, more than I've ever felt in my entire life.
My companion is awesome! He is going to Xalapa as well...
Or at least he was.
Guys this has been one of the hardest weeks. Not being able to see my family or just talk to my best friend whenever is so, so tough. This first week has been pretty painful. Elder Capps is from Apple Valley CA. We connected so easily right off the bat. We literally have so many things that are alike it was crazy, a true testimony to me that God prepared us for each other before we left on our mission. But that was also something really tough, because we´d reminisce about our home life and it made us both sad. One evening he broke down and we sat on one of these little metal benches. He told me some stuff that happened before his mission, and after I shared a couple scriptures with him he decided he needed to go talk to the Mission President. I tell you its been a long week, he sadly had to go home because of some things he needed to work out. It was super noble of him to do, but I also feel bad. I feel God sent him here for this week so he could find out he needed to change though. I feel blessed to be a part of that. While he was talking, I went to go chat with one of the counselors while I waited. This was the second night we were here, and I was actually struggling a lot. This is another testimony that God knows us and his hand guides us because What Hermano Torress told me is exactly, exactly what I needed to hear when I got hear and I cant put into words how grateful I am for that. Him and I have a special connection now, he comes and checks up on me all the time and I literally just start crying everytime I see him because of how much love he has for me. A true representative of Jesus Christ Hermano Torress is.
My new companion is so soooo awesome. Elder Cardon is so so Humble, really REALLY tall, and very spiritual. He wants to obey with exactness, which is awesome. Even though we have fake investigators still, we've killed our first couple of lessons together. Ill try to send you guys some pics of us!
I can feel all your prayers, thank you guys so much. I can already give a solid 15 minute lesson in Spanish, pray, and bear my testimony. All because of the Gift of Tongues and the help of God. I've been here 8 days my friends, there's no way that could happen without it.
No matter what I say, or how good I am at writing, I cant put into words the experiences and emotions I've felt this week. I pray each of you have the desire to seek out your own experiences that make you become one with god. Because that is the goal. That's what it all comes down to, to become one with God. I feel so blessed to be a District Leader and help build these missionaries, and build myself. I am a true representative of Jesus Christ, and I'm taking that with more responsibility than any other thing in my entire life. This is the most important calling of my life. I know, and I just don't believe that this gospel is true. I know it. I know that when I look up to the sky, and I see beautiful, pinstriped parrots, big green mountains, a beautiful blue sky and an absolutely breathtaking view of the stars, and all these beautiful Latino people, that there is a God, and he is our Heavenly Father. He loves us so much. And I love you guys to. If you ever need to rant to anyone, I can only respond once a week, but I ´promise I will get back to you. I love you all so much.
See yall next week!
PS there is a thing called Missionary Package Mexico City, where you type a letter and they print it out here and so i get the letter the SAME DAY. and there is one called Care package CCM i think where they do packages. I would all love to hear your wise words and get some encouragement from you guys. You all are amazing. I pray for all of you!
PS there is a thing called Missionary Package Mexico City, where you type a letter and they print it out here and so i get the letter the SAME DAY. and there is one called Care package CCM i think where they do packages. I would all love to hear your wise words and get some encouragement from you guys. You all are amazing. I pray for all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment