Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Home - by Elder Cayson: 12/18/17

Hola Familia(: Not much to write about this week, we had a baptism of the most coolest convert ever, hes 20, loves to play basketball, and already wants to get married to his sweetheart in the temple in a year, which is our goal here as missionary. He came a random Sunday to church, and we as missionaries always teach the gospel principles class. We were going to teach temple and family history work, but he came in, brand new and we were super hesitant to continue to teach that, because he wouldn't understand. But we felt to teach it anyway, so we did. At the end of the class, he came up to us and started asking a million questions about if he could really save some of his family who had passed on. We were able to tell him that he can literally give them the opportunity to be live with god for eternity, but he must help himself first.

3 weeks later, he was baptized.(: And is now working with Family Search to find his ancestors.

We also went to Xalapa this week for a Christmas activity! It was suuuper fun, I lost my voice screaming. I got to pretend i was Santa Claus, and i LOVE MEXICO.

So, Lil Elder Pearl has 4 and a half months here in Teziutlan. Its the longest place I've stayed since i have left Twin Falls. It has, quite become my home. I have my heart attached to families and people and the missionaries in my zone here. Fortunately (some would say unfortunately), Gods plan is often unexpected. Last night, I got a call that I am now leaving Teziutlan, to a nice lil place called Macuiltepetl.(: I am doing something missionaries call a "white-wash", where I am opening up an area. As well, I have been called to become a District Leader. With a week before Christmas, it pulls a little more to leave this home and go to an area where i know absolutely know one, but I am beyond excited to see why God is sending me here. I know he guides this work, we are only instruments for him.

There has always been a quote that I have loved for a really long time. It hangs in my study room but hangs in an even deeper place in my heart. Every time I read it, I honestly get choked up. It derives from Elder Henry B Eyring:


Inline image 1
I testify of this. I love you all, and I hope you have the most wonderful Christmas ever and are mindful of ALL souls, because all souls are great.

Elder Perla(:

pic 1 - LOOK AT ALL THIS MARSHMALLOW FRUITY GOODNESS WE MADE FOR THE CHRISTMAS PARTY
pic 2 - Baptism of Jose Maria (and the most adorable lil girl covering her face with her little pig tails)


Elder Pearl
Misión México Xalapa





No comments:

Post a Comment