Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Mormón Wite kaba Riteja - from Elder Jaxon

 There are 2 pictures, one of  Elder Banford and I and one of Brother Garcia and I. Elder Banford is my new companion and already one of my greatest friends.
     I want you guys to meet Brother Adonis Garcia of the Mesquitio. He speaks little Spanish, a lot of Mesquito, and has the biggest heart. I remember the day we met him in the street, walking with two crutches to buy groceries, he was a normal contact, but he seemed a little interested and invited us over.
     We taught the first lesson, and he had many questions, he hardly let us talk. He told us to return. So a few days later we came back, and he has his restoracion pamphlet marked up and he really studied it, he had more questions, the lesson went great and we taught about baptism.
     We got a call the next day saying he wanted to talk to us, we got very excited and felt that his was it, that the spirit was telling him these things were true and we was going to ask about baptism.
     We got to his house, he told us to sit and he said, "Look, I have prayed and I have talked to my wife. I know that, this church is not true. The Catholic Church is my church and I wont need to progress anymore." Absolutely stunned, we shook his hand, we left, and we offered a pray of gratitude in the street for the chance to teach him.
     A few weeks passed, and we were contacting a neighbor of Hmo. Garcia, and we saw him outside. We just said hi, and were getting ready to leave when the spirit told me to invite him to church. Nervous, I did it. He accepted, and came to church.
     We came back again to his house to check on him a few days later. This is what he told us. "I had a dream. A profound dream with much significance. I saw...A very tall building. A huge building. It was a church, it had a statue...I felt I had to be there." I then pulled out a picture of the Teguicgalpa Temple and asked if it was maybe this building. He was stunned, he said "I am changing, I can feel something growing in my heart." 
     From there we taught him everything, and we converted him completely. Because he lives in The Mesquito, it is basically impossible to his papers to baptize him. I told him one day he will be baptized in this life or the next. He believes it.
     The thing that toughed me the most is when we left. He shook my hand and told me something very powerful. "Thank you for changing my life. I will go and apply these things and I will be different because of it." So simple, but everything a Missionary goes out to do. He couldn't have gotten baptized, but I converted him. And right now, Brother Adonis is taking the restored gospel of Jesus Christ into The Mesquitio, an area where Missionaries cannot go, a place where Missionaries never have been able to go, but there will be one Missionary there with the true knowledge of Christs Gospel. He will go and teach in the land of the Lamanites. 
      He said "Mormóm Wite Kaba Riteja" which is, The Book of Mormon is true, in Mesquito.

 Elder Jaxon Pearl & his new companion Elder Banford
Elder Jaxon Pearl &  Brother Adonis Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment