Friday, May 16, 2014

I like rice - from Sister Kaity May 5th 2014

It was a great week! Honestly, this area was struggling quite a bit when I first got here, I expected it to be a slow process building it up. BUT, this last week just exploded with miracles!!! Just left and right, here a miracle there a miracle, like parade candy! 

First, MINNIE. We found Minnie on the street at night, and sat down right there to teach her the restoration on a bench. She believed it. She came to the bishops home with us for FHE and totally loved it. Then, yesterday she came to church, and I felt like she was a member already! Sister Wright and I split after church to teach, so I was teaching another new investigator named Yuki, and Minnie just popped her head in and asked to join our discussion! As I was talking about the first vision, she just got one of those "we have a secret" kind of smiles on her face. She is so excited to come to bishops house again tonight for FHE! There really is something special about this girl. She will be baptized. PRAY for Minnie!!

Sister Wright got to teach Linda again after church yesterday and she accepted a baptismal date!

We also taught two twins who just moved from mainland, A-Yan and A-Si. They have zero understanding of God and Christ. But, we shared the plan of salvation, and A-Si just kept spontaneously smiling. We explained baptism and invited them to be baptized in July they immediately accepted. They are so cute. 

I love Chinese people. I LOVE THEM. I love talking to them and being with them every day. I love Chinese. I love that I can speak Chinese. I love Chinese food. When mainland opens up, I want to go on a lifetime mission there like the Alma and the Sons of Mosiah. I just want to live there and share the gospel with everyone I meet. BAAAHHHHH!!!! I'll serve couple missions there. I hope my children serve there. 

I had a great study on prayer this week. Remember to put aside sufficient time to really communicate with your father in prayer. MAKE time to have a conversation with Him. Consider pondering before you pray. Maybe imagine His face. Stop and listen to what He has to tell you. Sometimes He will speak to you through your thoughts and feelings while you are on your knees. I know my prayers can improve a lot. I invite you to set a goal to improve your prayers. It is the foundation of our relationship with Him.

I love you so much! 
Sister Bou
The Dragon Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment