Monday, October 6, 2014

Finding New Investigators Challenge -from Elder Jaxon -Sept. 29th, 2014

  I would love to share with you all a little story about Faith. 2 weeks ago my companion and I were planning on what w would talk about to the Zone in our monthly Zone Meeting. We knew we needed to help them to be motivated to prepare everything for the following month, and that we needed something big. Well the impression came to me to challenge every companionship to find, in the week following the zone meeting, 15 new investigators. That is quite a bit for this kind of area we are in, usually every companionship finds between 5-10. 
     Well I presented the idea to my companion, and long story short, he was not up for the idea really. So I decided to go with something else.
     As I was in the Zone Meeting, while I was giving my prepared part, again the impression came. I knew my companion would understand if I explained I truly felt it was important and from "above". But the impression was a little different this time. I challenged every companionship to find 25 new investigators. Everyone went from shocked, to motivated as I testified that I knew they could do it. Accomplishing this challenge would mean as a Zone we would end with more than 200 new investigators...in the past once we reached 100, working on all gears.
     Well that week we talked with EVERYONE! Everyone that came in our way. It was amazing. It was spiritual, and we truely saw miracles. But not only for us but for everybody in the zone.
     My companion and I found 29 new investigators.
     And the Talanga Zone found 201 new investigators!
     I believe in miracles, and I know that with Faith we can accomplish anything we desire. I love our Heavenly Father for believing in us, enough to send his Son to die for us. I hope you and I can be one with him, in obedience, faith, hope, and love, so that we can receive the fullness of the joy that he has in store for us.
     I love all of you!
     Elder Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment