This week will be interesting with the changes, I am really excited, I love changes. My companion is ready to go home, it has been interesting seeing how everything does come to its end.
Love you so much. I completed 15 months this past week...wow. I can count the months on my fingers...that is scary.
Love you!
Elder Pearl
"The Family" the Elder on the left is my best friend...E. Rosales, I trained him and he is now a Zone Leader. He is "my son" because I trained him. The Elder in the middle is E. Torres...E. Rosales trained him, and he is now the secretary of the mission, he is my "grandson". Our family is the most powerful family in the mission!
My new companion
Oct. 27th 2014:
My companion and I are having fun with all that you sent us.
I love the fact that here they had the primary program in the branch, and that they talked about The Family. I saw a bunch of small children say big words from The Proclamation to The World...I love that the church is the same everywhere.
Thanks for all of the genealogy stuff, it inspires me.
This week was a special week... our zone won the title "Celestial Zone" (Zona Celestial), for baptizing the most in October. There are 13 zones in the mision, and thanks to The Savior we were able to have many miracles pass.
I hope this week is filled with The Spirit for you and the family.
Love, E. Pearl
PIctures of average houses.
Baptisms from Sept. 2014
Nov. 3rd 2014:
Sometimes, when the people first answer the door after we knock on it, I just like to imagine them in all white...
I have had to apply that a lot here in my mission, seeing people how they can become.
...I actually forgot it was Halloween until the end of the day. Some Elders in my same district carved watermelon jack o lanterns...they turned out really good, and they said it was easier and more delicious, haha.
Love you so much, I do not have lots of time...
E. Pearl
Nov. 10th 2014:
This week we had zone conference and we were able to learn about the importance of studying. My mission president told us to remember that before everything was created literally, it was created spiritually, and we must do so with our lessons in our homes before we teach. Preparation is important.
We are teaching 2 wonderful families that are preparing to get married and baptized. The Castro Family and the Benitez Family. They are amazing, and they are struggling, but we are going to fight and fight and fight like we have with the others until they are confirmed.
Something funny here is that when it drops to 60 or 70 degrees everyone puts on sweaters and jackets... I am feeling cold too sometimes when it drops, it is interesting. Dad told me you guys might get some snow this week.
OH! There is a woman here in the branch that wants to give away candy canes to the little kids in her street...she wants to know if I could ask for some (other missionaries have done it before for her).
Love you so much.
E. Pearl
Nov. 17th 2014:
Luckily, I get along great with the members here and lots of them know my birthday is this week. One family invited us for dinner on Friday, and they are going to make my favorite food...platano!
I was doing interchanges in another area this week and found someone that was baptized a few months ago because he had a spiritual experience at an activity my companion and I planned for the whole zone. I never knew about it, and it just reminds me we never know who we can affect in our efforts to share The Gospel. It was a Temple activity, and he told us that after he got baptized he went to The Temple to baptize his murdered brother. It was amazing.
Love you so much, changes are in 9 days and it is very probable I will leave the area. I have 6 months here now. Love you so much, hope everything goes well this week.
E. Pearl
(November 21st was Elder Jaxon's 20th birthday.)






No comments:
Post a Comment