I would like to share with you a great experience I had this week. This week was an incredible challenge with incredible results. I have learned in my mission that usually those 2 points co-exist, and that we can not avoid them. I know God challenges us, to make us better. As Jeffrey R. Holland says, "God wants us to be good as well as strong."
Object lesson at leadership council. Jaxon is 3rd from left in the black suit on the top.
I remember my first week here in Guaymaca, I believe it was the second day, at about 7 o´clock, and all of our plans fell through. We pondered what we could do next, and decided we would contact. I remember my companion asking me, "Where do you want to contact, Elder Pearl?" I felt the impression to contact a house there in the same area, a few houses down the street, the door was open. They let us in and we began to teach some young girls that would soon seem to become my little sisters.
6 weeks later they decided to be baptized, and that joy erased all of the other disappointments that passed by throughout the week. I love miracles because it is God´s way of showing us that we can do a very special work, and that He exists, and that He loves us. I am grateful that he trusts me, and I am grateful I have come to know this through trials.
I am grateful for your prayers and for your love. I pray that you too can have miracles in your life. If you do not feel you have them, look for them and you will find them.
Con Mucho Amor, Élder Perla
Baptism Day!
Jaxon is the third from left on top
Jaxon is 3rd from left on 2nd row.

No comments:
Post a Comment